Mulford Farm Mulford Farm
  • Until the middle of the last century, Sag Harbor rivaled New York as the busiest port of entry in the US…
  • Before the Revolutionary War, East Hampton was part of the colony of Connecticut, not New York…
  • Amagansett was the only part of the US ever ‘invaded’ by the enemy in World War II…
  • The oldest cattle ranch in the US is not in Texas, the West, or South but in Montauk…
  • Division Street in the village of Sag Harbor, which is half in East Hampton and half in Southampton, marked the border between the two towns, one dry, one wet…
  • The Trustees of the Town of East Hampton, governing under a royal patent, own the waterways and land under…
  • Windmills on the East End are English, not Dutch…
  • East Hampton was settled in 1648 by settlers from Connecticut and Massachusetts who came across Long Island Sound…
  • Gardiner’s Island was granted to Lion Gardiner by the King of England and has been in the Gardiner family for over 300 years…
  • Joseph Smith, who was banished from East Hampton for some long forgotten infraction, founded Smithtown…
  • The original Village of Montauk was destroyed by the hurricane of 1938 and replaced by the current village a few miles away…
  • The East Hampton Star publishes every Letter to the Editor – unedited…
  • East Hampton was spelled as one word, Easthampton, until the first issue of the East Hampton Star which spelled it as two words…
  • East Hampton was voted Most Beautiful Village in America by National Geographic Magazine…
Share on facebook
Share on Facebook
Share on twitter
Share on Twitter
Share on email
Share by Email

Follow us on our social media